Active Biotech in Brief
Active Biotech develops pharmaceutical products within medical areas where the immune defense is of significant importance, including cancer and inflammatory diseases. The project portfolio comprises both small, orally active immunomodulatory molecules and antibody-based immunotherapy.
- Swedish Biotechnology Company based in Lund
- Core competence in cancer and inflammatory diseases
- Company founded in 1998, spun out from Pharmacia
- Listed company NASDAQ OMX Nordic: ACTI
- Competent team with extensive experience in drug development from early to late stage clinical development
- Partnership with NeoTX Therapeutics Ltd., for the development and commercialization of naptumomab estafenatox in cancer
Beginning of 2020, new direction for the company was announced and the project portfolio is now composed of:
- Tasquinimod is in clinical development for multiple myeloma. A phase Ib/IIa study of tasquinimod in relapsed refractory multiple myeloma is ongoing
- Laquinimod for treatment of the inflammatory eye disorders. The first subject was dosed in December 2021 in the phase I clinical study with the eye drop formulation of laquinimod.
- Naptumomab estafenatox (Naptumomab), licensed to NeoTX Therapeutics Ltd., is in clinical development for treatment of solid tumors. A phase Ib/II study in advanced cancer is ongoing