Active Biotech AB – Interim report January – June 2017
Second quarter in brief
- In April, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted Orphan Drug Designation for tasquinimod for the treatment of multiple myeloma
- The primary clinical endpoint from the Phase III trial of laquinimod in RRMS (CONCERTO study) was not met. The secondary endpoints (brain atrophy, relapse rate and MRI-data) were achieved and in line with previous studies
- Out-licensing activities are continuing for tasquinimod, paquinimod and SILC
Events after the end of the period
- Helén Tuvesson succeeds Tomas Leanderson as President & CEO of the company July 1, 2017
- In July, a patent application for the use of ANYARA in combination with PD-1 inhibitors for the treatment of cancer was published on WIPO’s (World Intellectual Property Organization) website www.wipo.int
|Loss for the period||-24.4||-15.5||-40.2||-32.3||-59.6|
|Loss per share, before and after dilution (SEK)||-0.25||-0.17||-0.42||-0.36||-0.65|
|Cash and cash equivalents (at the end of the period)||47.7||57.4||77.7|
For further information, please contact:
| Helén Tuvesson, President & CEO
Tel: +46 (0)46-19 21 56
Hans Kolam, CFO
| Active Biotech AB
(Corp. Reg. No. 556223-9227)
Box 724, SE-220 07 Lund
Tel: 046 (0)46-19 20 00
The report is also available at www.activebiotech.com.
This announcement is distributed by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions on behalf of Nasdaq Corporate Solutions clients.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Active Biotech via Globenewswire