Active Biotech in brief
Active Biotech focuses on developing pharmaceuticals for medical fields in which the immune system plays a central role. Our pharmaceutical development is based on our specialist know-how in the field of immunology. We possess a unique infra-structure that includes highly experienced researchers who combine cutting edge expertise with efficient project work focusing on clearly defined targets.
Our portfolio includes innovative substances that modulate the human immune system. We have made most progress in developing products designed to treat multiple sclerosis, as well as prostate and renal cell cancer. In order to spread our risks and costs, and to optimize both time to market and market efficiency, we need collaboration partners. These are primarily major pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
Active Biotech's mission
- Develop, efficiently and cost-effectively, new remedies for illnesses where today's treatment options are inadequate
- Create value in the long term for our shareholders through peak competence in selected niches on a global market
- Be an attractive employer by offering an atmosphere permeated by creativity and the potential for individual development.
Active Biotech's business strategy
- Aim for growth, both organic and through acquisition and alliances
- Sign partnership agreements for cost/risk sharing with external partners
- Achieve the greatest possible increase in value for each project through optimum use of the company's own expertise and infrastructure as well as by seeking cooperation with strong partners in the right phase for each project
- Retain marketing rights for future sales in selected markets in Europe
- Earn income from research collaboration, licensing and sales
Active Biotech's research strategy
Consolidate and continually improve competence in our core areas. Ensure a regular flow of new, high-quality potential remedies for indications within the medical fields covered by the company.