Active Biotech in Brief
Active Biotech develops pharmaceutical products within medical areas where the immune defense is of significant importance, including cancer, neurodegenerative and inflammatory diseases. The project portfolio comprises both small, orally active immunomodulatory molecules and antibody-based immunotherapy. Laquinimod has undergone a Phase 2 clinical trial for the treatment of Huntington’s disease, a rare neurodegenerative disease with high medical need. ANYARA, licensed to NeoTX Therapeutics Ltd. is developed for the treatment of solid tumors and a clinical Phase 1b/2 study is planned to start in 2019. In addition, activities are ongoing to find strategic and competent partners to secure the continued development of tasquinimod for the treatment of multiple myeloma, paquinimod for systemic sclerosis and the pre-clinical projects within the SILC program.
- Swedish Biotechnology Company based in Lund
- Core competence in cancer, neurodegenerative and inflammatory diseases
- Company founded in 1998, spun out from Pharmacia
- Listed company NASDAQ OMX Nordic: ACTI
- Competent team with extensive experience of drug development from early to late stage clinical development