Active Biotech in Brief
Active Biotech develops pharmaceutical products within medical areas where the immune defense is of significant importance, including neurodegenerative diseases, autoimmune/inflammatory disease and various forms of cancer. The project portfolio comprises both small, orally active immunomodulatory molecules and antibody-based immunotherapy. Laquinimod is in clinical Phase 2 development for Huntington’s disease, a rare neurodegenerative disease with high medical need. Furthermore, ANYARA, licensed to NeoTX Therapeutics Ltd., is in development for the treatment of solid cancer. In addition, activities are ongoing to find strategic and competent partners to secure the continued development of tasquinimod for the treatment of multiple myeloma, paquinimod for systemic sclerosis and the pre-clinical projects within the SILC program.
- Swedish Biotechnology Company based in Lund
- Core competence in cancer and neurodegenerative/inflammatory diseases
- Company founded in 1998, spun out from Pharmacia
- Listed company NASDAQ OMX Nordic: ACTI
- Competent team with extensive experience of drug development from early to late stage clinical development